[Openstack-docs] Network troubleshooting

Anne Gentle anne at openstack.org
Fri Sep 12 15:48:07 UTC 2014

Hi all, especially those interested in the separate Networking Guide:

I attempted to bring in network troubleshooting wholesale from the Ops
Guide with https://review.openstack.org/#/c/113066. However it's a bit
over-reaching since it shows how to troubleshoot nova-network. So yesterday
on IRC a few of us said we could pull these four topics in:
http://docs.openstack.org/openstack-ops/content/network_troubleshooting.html#neutron_network_traffic_in_cloud
http://docs.openstack.org/openstack-ops/content/network_troubleshooting.html#trouble_shooting_ovs
http://docs.openstack.org/openstack-ops/content/network_troubleshooting.html#dealing_with_netns

http://docs.openstack.org/openstack-ops/content/network_troubleshooting.html#failure_in_path

My question/request is this: Phil, what do you already have written about
neutron troubleshooting that we can reuse in this doc? What other parts
could I pull in from the Ops Guide? Should the neutron-debug command be
brought into this guide?

I'm going to give the patch another go, so wanted to bring it to the group
(and list's) attention.