[Openstack-docs] use of "weighter"

Anne Gentle anne at openstack.org
Fri Sep 5 13:38:12 UTC 2014

Hi all, Looking at https://review.openstack.org/#/c/113890 and
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/118673/ you can see there's difficulty
documenting an option called scheduler_default_weighters and I'm seeking
help from the cinder team with this message.

As far as I can tell, weighters is not a word. Weigh is the verb, weight is
the noun, and much to my surprise, weighers as a noun is a correct use.

So I'm asking John if it's possible to rename scheduler_default_weighters
to scheduler_default_weighers (or scheduler_default_weights) -- not to
bikeshed but because it's tough to document the way it is now and causing
confusion.

Any thoughts on how difficult that would be? The patches above show the
awkwardness we're trying to smooth out.