[Openstack-docs] 2013.2 tag seems broken ?

Waines, Greg Greg.Waines at windriver.com
Wed Sep 3 00:05:10 UTC 2014

A question about the 2013.2 tag on the openstack doc APIs ...

Background:

·         my company, WindRiver, provides an enhanced OpenStack distribution

·         which has resulted in us extending/enhancing the OpenStack REST APIs

·

·         In order to provide updated OpenStack REST APIs, we are:

o   including the api-site, compute-api, image-api, etc.  gits
as sub-gits in our git repository

o   and

o   the plan is for us to increment our changes on top of these opensource gits

Question:

·         the latest git 'tag' for these api doc gits seems to be '2013.2'

·         so we have included the sub-gits at this tag

·

·         however

o   when I try to generate sources

o   i.e.    mvn clean generate-sources

o   in (say) the compute-api git, I have the following problems:

§  in ./compute-api/openstack-compute-api-2/src/

·         in file:  os-compute-devguide.xml:
            <wadl:resources
                xmlns:wadl="http://wadl.dev.java.net/2009/02">
                <wadl:resource
                    href="http://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack/api-site/plain/api-ref/src/wadls/compute-api/src/wadl/os-compute-2.wadl#ips"/>
                <wadl:resource
                    href="http://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack/api-site/plain/api-ref/src/wadls/compute-api/src/wadl/os-compute-2.wadl#network_label"
                />
            </wadl:resources>

·         ??? this 'plain' directory does not exist in the 'api-site' git ???

o   ... so the make of the PDF fails.

o   ... and for me (and maybe others doing the same doc extensions as me),
it is not good to be referencing the .wadl files from the api-site git @ //git.openstack.org ...
instead of a local version of this api-site git.

·

·         I do notice that in the current/master version of the api-site and compute-api gits,
almost everything seems to be moved to the api-site git ... i.e. there is an api-ref-guides/ directory now in api-site

o   ??? maybe this was to deal with the cross-git reference issues ???

·

·         finally, ... how come there are no more recent tags than '2013.2' ?

o   ideally would be nice if there was a tag that represented the version of openstack that the documentation was consistent with e.g. 'havana' or 'icehouse' ...

thanks in advance,
Greg.