[Openstack-docs] Adding redirects to .htaccess for renamed files

Christian Berendt berendt at b1-systems.de
Mon Sep 1 10:42:26 UTC 2014

On 08/29/2014 04:15 PM, Matt Kassawara wrote:
> Apparently we need to add redirects to .htaccess after renaming files.
> Since the installation guide produces four different HTML versions, each
> file renamed requires four entries in .htaccess which doesn't scale. How
> can we improve it?

Using redirectmatch instead of redirect should work.

Something like this (not tested):

redirectmatch 301
/trunk/install-guide/install/(apt|apt-debian|zypper|yum)/content/ch_basics.html
/trunk/install-guide/install/$1/content/ch_basic_environment.html

Christian.

--
Christian Berendt
Cloud Computing Solution Architect