[OpenStack-docs] Can we push stable/juno out a day or two?

Steve Gordon sgordon at redhat.com
Tue Oct 28 21:23:25 UTC 2014

----- Original Message -----
> From: "Matt Kassawara" <mkassawara at gmail.com>
> To: "Anne Gentle" <anne at openstack.org>
>
> If other reasons (outside of the installation guide) exist to move it on
> the 29th rather than wait until after the summit, I can deal... but
> backporting patches for RHEL/CentOS/Fedora will take more time and effort.
> Not our fault RDO can't push release packages out in a reasonable amount of
> time.

Can you elaborate on what's reasonable so we can endeavour to accommodate in future? Our aim this time around was for +2 weeks on upstream release to allow some level of smoke testing to occur, despite that M-3 and RC packages that could have been used were available leading up to this.

We've been communicating this to users @ https://www.redhat.com/archives/rdo-list/

Thanks,

Steve

> On Mon, Oct 27, 2014 at 9:45 PM, Anne Gentle <anne at openstack.org> wrote:
>

> > On Mon, Oct 27, 2014 at 9:34 PM, Matt Kassawara <mkassawara at gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> >> The RDO Juno release packages for RHEL/CentOS/Fedora only became
> >> available today [1] which leaves very little time for testing and patching
> >> the installation guide prior to cutting juno/stable for openstack-manuals
> >> on the 29th. Can we push it out a day or two?
> >>

> > I think if we don't do the 29th it'll be after Nov 7th due to Andreas's
> > and my travel schedules, is that an okay solution?
> >

> >> [1]
> >> https://openstack.redhat.com/forum/discussion/992/rdo-juno-packages-available

Steve Gordon, RHCE
Sr. Technical Product Manager,
Red Hat Enterprise Linux OpenStack Platform