[OpenStack-docs] Usability and Card Sorts

Kruithof, Piet pieter.c.kruithof-jr at hp.com
Thu Nov 13 20:22:31 UTC 2014

Hi,

I wanted to reach-out to the docs community and let you know about a couple of things.

First, we’re planning to conduct an online card sort to help evaluate the current IA of the left hand nav.  The intent is to confirm whether the left nav really follows user’s mental models of how the panels should be organized or if there are ways we can improve it.

"Card sorting is a simple technique in user experience design where a group of subject experts or "users", however inexperienced with design, are guided to generate a category tree or folksonomy. It is a useful approach for designing information architecture, workflows, menu structure, or web site navigation paths.”
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Card_sorting

One of our writers, Tiff, has went ahead and put together a set of definitions for the card sort.   I was hoping some people in the docs community would be willing to take a look and provide feedback.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1lk-ohyNRWEpApEVy-jht36V3jMhqMX8gxjU5VBXIOnI/edit?usp=sharing

Cheers,

Piet