[Openstack-docs] Target audience

Andreas Jaeger aj at suse.com
Fri May 23 19:15:51 UTC 2014

Here's a next iteration for content - I've put it up on an etherpad for
easier editing: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/target_audience

For the wiki, I would add something like the following - and if we agree
on this, we can refine the target audience for each book.

For writing these books, we use some simple personas:
Anna the admin
Anna is an administrator who is responsible for maintaining (and
securing) the OpenStack cloud installation. She has many years of
experience with Linux systems administration.
Darren the deployer
Darren is responsible for doing the initial OpenStack deployment on the
host machines.
Emile the end-user
Emile uses the cloud to do software development inside of the virtual
machines. She uses the command-line tools because she finds it quicker
than using the dashboard.
Otto, the devops operator
Otto is the application devops operator, he runs and monitors
applications in the cloud.
Manual breakdown:
Operations Guide
Cloud Administrator Guide
Admin User Guide
These guides target the day to day operations of an OpenStack cloud
system.
Persona: Anna
------------------------
Configuration Reference
HA Guide
Install Guide
Operations Guide
These guides target cloud administrators who sets up an OpenStack
cloud and configures the OpenStack services.
Persona: Darren, Anna
Security Guide
This guide targets the Security Administrator of a cloud team and can
be referenced to harden existing OpenStack deployments or to evaluate
the security controls of OpenStack cloud providers.
Persona: Anna
End User Guide
Image Guide
Persona: Emile