[Openstack-docs] Improvements to the Installation Guide

Anne Gentle anne at openstack.org
Sun May 18 03:46:11 UTC 2014

On Sat, May 17, 2014 at 8:32 PM, Matt Kassawara <mkassawara at gmail.com>wrote:

> I created a blueprint for improvements to the Installation Guide.
>

> https://blueprints.launchpad.net/openstack-manuals/+spec/installation-guide-improvements
>
> The suggested changes currently live in an Etherpad.
>
> https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/installation-guide-audit
>
> The blueprint needs a specification. Shall I organize our ideas from the
> Etherpad and add them to a Wiki page with suggested priorities?

Yep, that's how it works -- see the link "Set the URL for this
specification" on that page, we set that to be a wiki page. A good example
is https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Blueprint-restructure-documentation

> I'm also curious how we plan to track and divide up the work. I'm thinking
> about using bugs... either a single one similar to how we handled the
> Installation Guide networking improvements, or one per chapter, or... other
> suggestions?

The blueprint and a detailed wiki page should be enough to track the work
rather than individual bugs. Blueprints are typically assigned to a single
person, but that person can track for a team. I'd rather the blueprint in
this case incorporate all the "bugs" the audit found.

Thanks for organizing!