[Openstack-docs] How to deal with DocImpact patches

Tom Fifield tom at openstack.org
Mon Mar 31 06:37:11 UTC 2014

On 31/03/14 13:51, Summer Long wrote:
> Hello all,
> Here's something I've hit more than once.
> I'm seeing a blueprint with a change that says 'DocImpact'. But I cannot find the related docs bug, although this should have been created automatically, right?
>
> We had a chat about this at the last design conference. There's no way to easily see or find the attached docs bug. And if there isn't a bug, there's no way to see 'yes, someone has looked at this. No, there's no impact'. Which in this case, there's not (it's a small change, and it will be automatically included in the Config Ref).
>
> Should we say that a comment should be placed on the attached Blueprint's whiteboard? But what about patches without whiteboards?
>
> Am I just being blind (granted, am tired today)?
>
> thanks, Summer

Best way I've found is to use the change ID, eg
2cbea242092dabf4c54544d5c8c32ba4b5fb8a1f

Put that in google and you get the review and the bug.

Having said that, I have a theory as to why some are not being created -
false positive matches from the anti-duplicate code that we no longer
need. Hope that this patch will fix things...

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/84067/

Regards,

Tom