[Openstack-docs] Glance team mission change may mean name change

Anne Gentle anne at openstack.org
Thu Jun 26 18:33:20 UTC 2014

Hi again everyone,
I got some more info and wanted to bring it back to the list.

There was some input that artifact repository may indicate storage is
happening, but in fact, the storage is elsewhere (such as object storage or
file storage). It's not quite a catalog (and that's used for service
catalog anyway).

Artifact still feels about right for images and templates, but is it an
artifact service? I think for the install guide we may still be able to say
"store images in the image service" (note change in caps) but we still need
an official name for the entire service. Metadata tags and labels may be
provided by the graffiti project [1] but it's not a metadata service
either. More words please. :)

Not wanting to paint the bike shed, but wanting input on meaning and how
useful it'll be to us in the doc context.

1. https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Graffiti