[Openstack-docs] doc-specs repo?

Sean Roberts seanrob at yahoo-inc.com
Wed Jun 25 20:22:14 UTC 2014

Having many sub-directories follows the docs layout because of the different repos. If we go that way then we would need to treat each project directory separate with their own release directories like
/doc-spec/training-guides/juno

The drawback will be that this makes finding approved specs difficult. The other projects are using the single /specs directory with a flat naming scheme like ml2-dell-afc-mech-driver.rst.

For specs that overlay projects like install-guides and training-guides, it will be confusing which, what, where. Because of this I vote for this structure

doc-spec -
	specs -
		juno - (all docs program juno cycle RST reside here)
	tests -
	doc -

Sean Roberts
Infrastructure Strategy, Yahoo
seanrob at yahoo-inc.com
(925) 980-4729

On Wednesday, June 25, 2014 12:59 PM, Andreas Jaeger <aj at suse.com> wrote:

On 06/25/2014 04:56 PM, Anne Gentle wrote:
> Hi all,
> I wanted to hear more from the teams about a need for a doc-specs repo.
> The training team has started to bring specs into their repo. I'm happy
> to get this started for the Documentation program but wanted to get some
> input.
>
> I'd like to have an openstack/doc-spec repo set up with different
> directories for each area of the documentation. Some projects have
> designated by release as well, though since only our install guide and
> config guides are "released" I think we could just have:
> /api
> /training
> /user
> /appdev
> juno/ops (this is where install and config specs would live)
> /security

Some of this is not really clear. Why not just use the repository names
like:
api-site
operations-guide
manuals (or openstack-manuals)
doc-tools (or openstack-doc-tools)
security
training-guides ?

I'm fine with giving it a try for a release cycle,
    GPG fingerprint = 93A3 365E CE47 B889 DF7F  FED1 389A 563C C272 A126