[Openstack-docs] installation guide question

Frans Thamura frans at meruvian.org
Sat Jun 21 10:25:43 UTC 2014

hi all

i find there is glance-api-paste.ini

and i google that if we put under  [filter:authtoken]

sql_connection = mysql://glanceuser:glance-pass@db-host/glance

[keystone_authtoken]
auth_host = <auth-host>
auth_port = 35357
auth_protocol = http
admin_tenant_name = <service tenant name>
admin_user = <glance user>
admin_password = <admin password>

[paste_deploy]
flavor=keystone

we dont have to modify the 4 .confs, in installation chapter 4 sub 8.

Configure the Image Service to use the Identity Service for authentication.

Edit the /etc/glance/glance-api.conf and /etc/glance/glance-registry.conf

why dont we use the glance-api-paste.ini instead

so let the keystone token as defaulat as

admin_tenant_name = %SERVICE_TENANT_NAME%
admin_user = %SERVICE_USER%
admin_password = %SERVICE_PASSWORD%

anyone can explain?