[Openstack-docs] Workflow for specs

Andreas Jaeger aj at suse.com
Thu Jul 31 19:46:59 UTC 2014

On 07/31/2014 09:25 PM, Anne Gentle wrote:
> Ah, yes, I looked this up yesterday.

Great, thanks!

> Nova has a blueprint in Launchpad first, then marks it "Pending
> Approval" for Design.

so, the person proposing a blueprint could mark this directly once the
patch to docs-specs gets published.

> Then once the nova-specs patch is accepted, the Design is marked "Approved."
>
> I think this makes sense to adopt for docs. Just a few caveats: nova has
> a release manager and docs does not. So the responsibility falls on the
> PTL to clickety-click in Launchpad so people know what will be delivered
> in a given release.

I think all cores can approve in Launchpad but we should not overuse
that. So, if either of us approves the docs-specs patch, we could do the
clickety-click in Launchpad.

> I do think that we need to keep the component of very limited reasons to
> have a blueprint and upfront design at all. For nearly everything, we
> need writing more than designing the writing.

I agree, blueprints should be the exception.