[Openstack-docs] Workflow for specs

Gauvain Pocentek gauvain.pocentek at objectif-libre.com
Wed Jul 30 19:43:03 UTC 2014

Hi all,

We have to define a workflow to define and approve specs. Anne proposed
the following on the HOT spec:

- approve the blueprint in Launchpad
- then ask only some for docs-specs
- then docs-specs is just used to ensure the approach and scope are
what we want

Anne please correct me if I'm twisting your words :)

My opinion is that we should create the Launchpad BP only after a patch
to docs-specs has been accepted. This would make sure that there's been
some thinking about how things can be done, and that we agree on the
choices.

My experience with the HOT spec shows that there's a lot of questions
that need to be answered, and LP doesn't provide a simple way to
discuss, modify, or keep the history of the spec definition --- which I
think is important. And we're used to git and gerrit anyway :)

The HOT spec review for reference:
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/108133/

What so you think?

Gauvain Pocentek

Objectif Libre - Infrastructure et Formations Linux
http://www.objectif-libre.com