[Openstack-docs] Copyright statements in docs source files

Nicholas Chase nchase at mirantis.com
Tue Jan 14 22:46:21 UTC 2014

Colin, I guess where I'm getting a little confused is that normally
copyright is meant to keep other people from using the content in ways
in which you don't want them to use it.  However, by contributing their
material to a CC or Apache-licensed guide, Aptira knows (or should know)
that their content becomes available to anyone to use in any way they
want to use it, though attribution must be carried through, and the
license must be passed along.

Is Aptira under the impression that that is not the case, that they
maintain the copyright and can stop other people/companies from using
that material?

----  Nick