[Openstack-docs] Partial fix behavior

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Mon Jan 6 23:38:17 UTC 2014

On 2014-01-06 16:20:53 -0600 (-0600), Anne Gentle wrote:
> I'm also wondering if my definition of partial-fix within docs
> would match what the rest of the OpenStack world does. In
> doc-land, I do what I can to fix, within my reach, but probably
> can't close it out without more patches. That seems to match. But
> then the disconnect might be that often I can't fix it the rest
> of the way, that I'd want someone else to pick it up. Is that
> logical to other teams in your view?

Honestly I can't really say. I've seen it used for both parallel and
series efforts... a parallel example would be when you have one bug
affecting multiple docs repos, so you need to fix it with different
changes but they don't have to be completed sequentially... they
just all need to be addressed before the bug can be considered
resolved/released.

When it's a bug affecting distinct projects or branch series in LP,
bugtasks can be used to separate those efforts such that Closes-Bug
can be used for all of them, but in the case of multiple
repositories sharing one project in LP that's where I've seen
Partial-Bug used to indicate that the change doesn't solve the
entire task. One of the ideas with Storyboard is, as I understand
it, that we'll have more flexibility with tasks/steps which are
associated with a common bug and can map individual changes as
completing their own tasks that way.
--
Jeremy Stanley