[Openstack-docs] Validation of JSON files

Andreas Jaeger aj at suse.com
Sun Feb 23 13:25:16 UTC 2014

After having some conversations with a few rackers, I implemented a
simple JSON validation (see patch
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/75680/). This just validates that the
JSON file is well-formed but does not check any schema.

I fixed a few cases myself:
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/75682/
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/75684/

and also filed some bug reports:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/openstack-api-site/+bug/1283713
https://bugs.launchpad.net/openstack-api-site/+bug/1283712
https://bugs.launchpad.net/openstack-api-site/+bug/1283711
https://bugs.launchpad.net/openstack-api-site/+bug/1283714
https://bugs.launchpad.net/openstack-manuals/+bug/1283715

I've enabled the check for the non-voting niceness gate - so that it
does not abort if it fails. Once all the issues are fixed, I'd like to
move it to the voting syntax check.

Please have a look whether this is doing the right thing and those files
are indeed wrong and provide feedback.

Btw. to manually valid a JSON file, just run:
python -mjson.tool FILENAME