[Openstack-docs] Proposal: CLI Reference manual

Summer Long slong at redhat.com
Mon Feb 3 02:59:36 UTC 2014

----- Original Message -----

And can the 'install the clients' section be removed? Clients should already be installed via the Installation Guide?

> Yes, please do open a bug. I'll see what I can do to improve it.
>
> > What does everyone else think about keeping command ref as appendix, or
> > moving to separate book?
>
> I'm fine either way.  Having one more guide, will not really cost us
> more work than having it in the appendices. And having a guide would
> give us *one* location for the content instead of currently two guides
> with both the same large appendix.
Definitely vote for having it

> And I'm even fine with removing the appendix and not having a book since
> these are help texts users could get themselves on the command line...
> Still, it's nice to have a common location to look it up and be aware of
> these. And since there are no man pages for these, this it probably the
> best way to have it,

+1 on removing the CLI info from both EUG and AUG and providing links (really dislike bloat-by-duplication).

But was there a reason for not just putting the CLI info into the Configuration Reference Guide?
We're removing the HowTos from that guide, which means the whole thing really is a reference now?

cheers, Summer