[OpenStack-docs] [networking] December 19 meeting minutes

Nick Chase nchase at mirantis.com
Sat Dec 20 17:21:08 UTC 2014

Quick status on the Networking Guide:

Now that Matt has finished the DVR scenario, he will work on the Neutron
classic architecture. He will also be working on the upgrade guide.

Swami will review the DVR document, and when he approves it will go to
Elke for translation into docbook.

Elke has some issues with non-validating chapters.  I will get with her
to work them out, and in the meantime she will do commits one chapter at
a time so that we can modularize the problem and get more eyes on the issue.

I will look at Edgar's docs explaining how to install OpenStack with a
single NIC per server
(https://github.com/emagana/OpenStack-Icehouse-Install-Guide/blob/master/OpenStack-Icehouse-Installation.rst)
to see if there's a place where they should be integrated into the
documentation.  This came up in response to physical HA of interfaces.
(Bonding two together into a single logical interface means that if one
physical interface goes down, connectivity is uneffected.)  We do want
to make sure, however, that we don't complicate the install guide.

Sean will finish the bare pipes documentation, either before or just
after starting his new job.*

The December 26 meeting is cancelled due to the Christmas holiday.

January 2 meeting also cancelled, but will be replaced with email updates.*