[OpenStack-docs] XenServer integration with Openstack

Thomas Goirand zigo at debian.org
Mon Dec 8 14:52:49 UTC 2014

On 12/08/2014 03:19 PM, Christian Berendt wrote:
> On 12/08/2014 03:00 AM, Tom Fifield wrote:
>> Unfortunately no progress has been made re-documenting xen integration
>> with OpenStack for more than two years. Despite our best efforts, no-one
>> with xen experience has stepped up to assist, so we've been unable to
>> provide reasonable documentation on how to set up or use xen.

To this, I'd like to add that the fact XenAPI was removed from Debian
(and Ubuntu) due to the lack of support upstream (or because their last
version missed the freeze of Jessie and the last LTS, if you prefer...)
doesn't help at all. Maybe if they come back with a new Xen-Core that
can be packaged, then there will be more Xen users.

> Please be exactly. Xen != XenServer.
>
> Xen via Libvirt should work like documented in the installation guide
> (use xen instead of kvm or qemu as libvirt type).

Has Xen support in libvirt improved? I thought it was still not able to
compete with KVM (yet).

> Have a look at
> https://blog.xenproject.org/2014/12/01/using-xen-project-on-openstack-juno-via-libvirt/
> for an short article about OpenStack Juno and Xen via Libvirt.
>
> Christian.

Are you sure what the blog says is enough to have *all* of the
install-guide howto working? It'd be great if it was.

Cheers,

Thomas