[Openstack-docs] Proposal: Bug Squashing day on the 9th of September

Tom Fifield tom at openstack.org
Tue Aug 12 14:38:11 UTC 2014

On 08/08/14 03:18, Andreas Jaeger wrote:
> During yesterday's IRC meeting we discussed to have again a bugsquashing
> day and proposed the 9th of September - in every timezone.
>
> The goal of the day is to clean up our bug queue as much as possible:
> Triage current bugs and fixing if possible.
>
> Anybody is welcome to join in and help with the bugs anytime - but at
> this day, we make a concentrated effort.
>
> To see whether we can get this done, I'd like to get some feedback:
>
> Who likes to join for such a day and is available on the 9th?
>
> Who likes to join for such a day and would prefer a different day?
>
> My answer: I like to join and will be able to do so for a few hours,

Yay! Bug Day!!

For your reference, the page from last time is here:
https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Documentation/BugDay available for editing.

and commented out in the source on
https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Documentation is:

<!--{| style="color:#000000; border:solid 1px #A8A8A8; padding:0.5em;
margin:0.5em 0; background-color:#FFFFFF;font-size:95%;
vertical-align:middle;"
| style="padding:1em;width: 40px" |
[[File:Drowning_noun_project_4285.svg|40px]]
| '''Join Our Bug Day'''
We need your help.
Join our [[Documentation/BugDay|Documentation Bug Day]] on Friday 20th
December, 2013.
|}-->

which you can use to point to the page :)

I have no idea of my availability on the 9th at the moment, but you can
be sure if I have a spare second, I'll be there :) Will also try and
complete the new bug triage in the week before.

Regards,

Tom