[Openstack-docs] API Reference page - proposed change

Anne Gentle anne at openstack.org
Sun Aug 10 19:59:24 UTC 2014

Hi all,
I want to get more eyes on a design change being proposed for the API
Reference Listing page, http://developer.openstack.org/api-ref.html.

To see the new output, look at this screenshot:
http://aa4698cc2bf4ab7e5907-ed3df21bb39de4e57eec9a20aa0b8711.r41.cf2.rackcdn.com/Screen%20Shot%202014-07-17%20at%2011.57.44%20AM.png

Or, checkout a built prototype at:
http://dec7ddbac72e46ecedbc-e72893bdbe528eca36a8c6e2c241a503.r71.cf2.rackcdn.com/api-ref-compute-v2.html

Basically it takes the very short description of an API call, emboldens it,
and adds more info about the call below the short description. Is this
useful? No new content has to be added to get this output.

Please let us know either on the mailing list or on the review itself:
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/107768/

Also, be aware we are seeking WADL replacements. Let me know of your
interest and any resources you're willing to lend to the API docs effort.