[Openstack-docs] Networking Guide - please create a blue-print in docs-specs

Andreas Jaeger aj at suse.com
Sat Aug 9 19:27:23 UTC 2014

On 08/09/2014 08:18 PM, Matt Kassawara wrote:
> Andreas,
>
> Going forward, I believe neutron only supports the ML2 plug-in and
> third-party plug-ins.

Agreed. And that's why I think the Networking plug-in should not
document Linux Bridge / Open vSwitch as plug-ins but only as ML2
mechanism driver.

The changes proposed for the guide speak about the Linux Bridge / Open
vSwitch plug-ins - something that's already deprecated in Icehouse and
going forward something to be removed.

Therefore I'd like to have it clear how we handle this. My proposal is
to only document ML2 plug-in and the third-party plug-ins - and document
Linux Bridge / Open vSwitch as ML2 mechanism drivers. Thus some of the
current patches should be reworked.

But first we need IMHO a blue-print that writes down this policy...