[Openstack-docs] Networking Guide - please create a blue-print in docs-specs

Andreas Jaeger aj at suse.com
Sat Aug 9 14:24:51 UTC 2014

Reviewing the patches for the Networking Guide, I wondered about the
documentation of Linux Bridge and Open vSwitch plug-ins vs. documenting
the ML2 plug-in and Linux Bridge/Open vSwitch as mechanism driver.

I think this is one of the things that should be defined in the
blue-print but I do not see it there at all.

Looking at the launchpad blueprint and the wiki page at
https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/NetworkingGuide/TOC I see nothing like this.

Therefore I suggest that before more work happens, a blueprint gets
created that defines the overall direction of the guide and explains:
* Target Audience
* Target OpenStack version(s)
* Conventions/guidelines on what to use, especially which plug-in
architecture to use.

Could somebody create the blue print in docs-specs quickly so that
there's a basis for moving forward - and for reviewing, please?

thanks