[Openstack-docs] Streamlined contribution workflow

Andreas Jaeger aj at suse.com
Sat Aug 2 18:28:50 UTC 2014

On 08/02/2014 07:53 PM, Eoghan Glynn wrote:
> [...]
> One thing that I think could be useful would be to have a
> well-defined agreed signal to indicate that the project-team
> author is satisfied with the initial rough content from a
> technical correctness and completeness PoV, and would like the
> documentation team to start with the revision/polish process on
> the content.
>
> Perhaps we could agree that the author removing their WIP -1
> on their patch(es) could act as that hand-over point?
>
> So as long as the WIP -1 is still in place, the project author is
> still iterating over the content for correctness & completeness.
> Once that flag is taken off, it's open season on getting the doc
> team's polish applied and the patch landed.
>
> Would that kind of approach make sense?

This is the way that -1 is handled in general.

I looked at the Ceilometer patches to give early feedback on some issues
so that the author can address them early and has the chance to take
these tips into account for further edits. So, no nit-picking, just
larger inconsistencies - for example if you write all your sentences in
the form "Now we edit this file", I would early advise to change writing
to you: "Now edit this file" to reduce the amount of rework,