[Openstack-docs] Tagging projects?

Tom Fifield tom at openstack.org
Mon Apr 28 05:56:15 UTC 2014

On 28/04/14 13:52, Andreas Jaeger wrote:
> On 04/28/2014 02:28 AM, Tom Fifield wrote:
>> On 28/04/14 01:30, Andreas Jaeger wrote:
>>> Anne,
>>>
>>> even if we do not tag openstack-manuals right now, we should tag IMHO
>>> the other projects to mark the release of Icehouse - this means all the
>>> API projects as well as the operations-guide.
>>
>> Operations guide is not tied to a particular OpenStack release, so I
>> wouldn't bother for that one. The API site uses API versions (eg v2,
>> v3), rather than release versions, so I question whether there's a need
>> for this ?
>
> It was done with Havana, so I thought it was custom usage.
>
>> Is there a particular use case for repo tags for these two?
>
> I stumpled upon this when looking at Stackalytics where the config files
> need some information when a release cycle starts. Adding just git ids
> to the list works as well,

OK, fair enough, I guess it doesn't break anything, and stackalytics
(and stats in general) is a fair use-case .. the point-in-time where we
stopped cycle X and started cycle Y :)

As long as we can avoid confusion (eg people thinking they need to
backport for these repos), all good on my end! Sorry for getting in the
way :)

Regards,

Tom