[Openstack-docs] <replaceable>VALUE</replaceable> conventions?

Tom Fifield tom at openstack.org
Tue Apr 22 02:13:07 UTC 2014

On 22/04/14 01:29, Andreas Jaeger wrote:
> On 04/21/2014 03:15 PM, Anne Gentle wrote:
>> ALLCAPS sounds good to me! Shout it out!
>>

> I've updated the Conventions wiki page,

one exception, perhaps?

Where the replacable bit is actually usable as-is, can it be left in the
most useful case?

For example, host=controller. DNS names are typically lower-case, and I
can believe a lot of people will call their controllers 'controller'.

or storage_type=ephemeral - where 'ephemeral' is one of several valid
types that you can choose.

Regards,

Tom