[Openstack-docs] compute-api: Job compute-api-v2.0-wadl failing

Andreas Jaeger aj at suse.com
Mon Apr 21 19:53:04 UTC 2014

On 04/21/2014 08:05 PM, Anne Gentle wrote:

> On Mon, Apr 21, 2014 at 12:35 PM, Andreas Jaeger <aj at suse.com
> <mailto:aj at suse.com>> wrote:
>
>     I noticed that the compute-api-v2.0-wadl jobs fails:
>
>     http://logs.openstack.org/15/15252671f266c9aacc0684fb027bc9de6e05b131/post/compute-api-v2.0-wadl/14e6889/console.html
>
>     Looking at the job, it copies the wadl file over to
>     docs.openstack.org <http://docs.openstack.org>.
>     Is this really needed? If yes, could somebody explain what's going on
>     here, please?
>
> Sure, it's from a request to the mailing list back in
> 2012: http://markmail.org/message/yex65zp6iz6qwser
>
> The use case is that we serve out accurate links in the version details
> response from the compute API calls.
>
> So yep, we need the job to work. XSDs also are copied.

There's not anymore a wadl in the compute-api repository at all.
Instead, copmute-api imports
http://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack/api-site/plain/api-ref/src/wadls/compute-api/src/v2/wadl/os-compute-2.wadl.

And the other links in nova like
http://docs.openstack.org/api/openstack-compute/2/os-compute-devguide-2.pdf
are also not really working - that document was last updated 30th May 2012.

This all needs some rework, I've filed a bug now:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/openstack-api-site/+bug/1310766

Btw. is this only done for nova - or also for other projects?