[Openstack-docs] Poll: What should the fate of the OVS section of the install guide be?

Matt Kassawara mkassawara at gmail.com
Thu Apr 17 14:01:21 UTC 2014

Also, Phil Hopkins just pointed out the Icehouse Neutron release notes to
me.

https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/ReleaseNotes/Icehouse#OpenStack_Network_Service_.28Neutron.29

In particular...

"The OVS plugin and Linux Bridge plugin are deprecated and should not be
used for deployments. The ML2 plugin combines OVS and Linux Bridge support
into one plugin. A migration script has been provided for Havana
deployments looking to convert to ML2. The migration does not have a
rollback capability, so it is recommended the migration be tested on a copy
of the database prior to running on a live system."