[Openstack-docs] Use of "openstack-db" command in installation guide

Steve Gordon sgordon at redhat.com
Sun Apr 13 23:57:22 UTC 2014

----- Original Message -----
> I found another bug involving "openstack-db" today... this time about lack
> of support for complex passwords.
>
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/openstack-manuals/+bug/1307189
>
> Given this and several other issues with this command, I'm wondering if we
> should replace it with manual database creation instructions similar to
> those used in the Ubuntu version of the installation guide.
>
> Matt

While I know I have been at the forefront of support for using the openstack-config it is generic in nature (it is really just a wrapper for crudini) and does what it does in a predictable manner. The openstack-db tool on the other hand has a number of well known issues including the above, I am +1 to removing the use of it.

-Steve