[Openstack-docs] tox seems to only like <section> and <table> as root nodes

Don Domingo ddomingo at redhat.com
Thu Apr 10 04:06:07 UTC 2014

Case in point:
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/86488/

I have two sections that have three identical chunks of content: two <note>s and a <step>. So, for better maintainability I attempted to single-source those chunks into separate XML files.

Obviously, the root nodes of those files would be <note> and <step>. When I attempted to build it locally using Maven, the build succeeds. However, tox won't validate the syntax, and I was hoping someone could help decipher why:
http://logs.openstack.org/88/86488/2/check/gate-openstack-manuals-tox-checksyntax/d8b9673/console.html

IMHO the error message sounds bogus, and may be a symptom of a misconfigured tox. I prefer to be proven wrong, but if this is the case, who can help?

Regards,
Don Domingo
Content Author - OpenStack
Engineering Content Services