[Openstack-docs] upcoming book sprint for a design guide

Anne Gentle anne.gentle at rackspace.com
Sat Apr 5 16:54:15 UTC 2014

Hi all,

In July or August 2014 we're assembling a team for another book sprint.
We'll likely be hosted by Mirantis in Mountain View California.

The working title is OpenStack Design Guide, with the idea that we need
more example configurations for different use cases. If you want to learn
more about the previous book sprints, refer to [1] and [2].

We have a team assembling, and we need folks who have experience designing
and architecting an actual production OpenStack deployment, either alone or
as part of a team. We have a couple of folks onboard now who may not have
done that but have other valuable experience with data center design; so
any new folks coming on will need that production OpenStack experience. We
need about a half dozen more writers.

Please contact Ken Hui, ken.hui at rackspace.com, if you are interested and
available. If you have content licensed in such a way that you could have
it considered as a part of the sprint, please let Ken and I know. Ken will
send you the etherpad link so you can see the ideas so far.

[1]
http://www.openstack.org/blog/2013/03/we-did-it-zero-to-book-in-five-days/
[2]
http://www.rackspace.com/blog/openstack-security-guide-one-week-38000-words-a-lot-of-security/