[Openstack-docs] proposed rst-xml automation openstack-manuals blueprint

Anne Gentle annegentle at justwriteclick.com
Tue Oct 29 14:10:29 UTC 2013

On Tue, Oct 29, 2013 at 8:46 AM, Nermina Miller <nerminamiller at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi, Anne! The audience for each specific guide are the roles supported by
> OpenStack certification programs. That sounds pretty typical for training
> guides. As far as technical debt, this process wouldn't differ too much
> from what we did with the other guides leading up to Havana release. One
> limitation in this particular case is this pesky fact that RST files have
> to be edited natively.

I think this point is the disconnect we have. Here's my vision:
If an RST file has relevant info for a training manual, convert it
permanently to XML and incorporate it into an existing manual.
Then, the training manual points to the file in openstack-manuals.

This has been done in the past over and over. What's the need for
maintaining RST?

Anne

--
Anne Gentle