[Openstack-docs] Introduction - Lana Brindley

Anne Gentle annegentle at justwriteclick.com
Mon Oct 28 13:15:25 UTC 2013

Welcome Lana! Super excited you're here.

Lately our work has been about keeping the install guide fixed by
backporting bug fixes to it. We're going to do release planning at the
Summit itself, and we'll meet afterwards to start parceling out the work
there. If you want an overview of the blueprints, which are the way we plan
the work, take a look at http://blueprints.launchpad.net/openstack-manuals.

One great starting task is to take a book and apply the document
conventions to it and spell check. We have two bugs that we use to track
that in an ongoing basis:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/openstack-manuals/+bug/1121866,
https://bugs.launchpad.net/openstack-manuals/+bug/1217503

Also, in addition to looking through the bug queue for items of interest,
take a look at the Rackspace private cloud docs and see what might be
useful to upstream docs that doesn't already exist. Also, please keep an
eye on the review queue. Here's what you can search for on
review.openstack.org to see active reviews in all the docs repos:

status:open (project:openstack/openstack-manuals OR
project:openstack/api-site OR project:openstack/object-api OR
project:openstack/image-api OR project:openstack/identity-api OR
project:openstack/compute-api OR project:openstack/volume-api OR
project:openstack/netconn-api OR project:openstack/operations-guide)

We're happy to help out in real-time on IRC and on this list as much as you
need. Thanks for asking!
Anne

On Sun, Oct 27, 2013 at 10:55 PM, Lana Brindley
<openstack at lanabrindley.com>wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> Today is my first day as a technical writer at Rackspace, so I thought I'd
> drop a line to the mailing list to introduce myself.
>
> I've been working on Red Hat documentation for the past six years or so,
> primarily cloud-based, so Openstack isn't too much of an ideological or
> technological leap for me. I've been a tech writer for about eight years
> all up, and I also have a postgraduate degree in technical communications
> (as well as business degrees in information systems and marketing).
>
> I'm working with the Australian engineering group under Michael Still. I'm
> based in Brisbane, but I should hopefully have the chance to meet up with
> other contributors around the world from time to time.
>
> You can find me all over the internet, primarily at G+ (
> http://plus.google.com/**109940408979717402314<http://plus.google.com/109940408979717402314>)
> and Twitter (http://twitter.com/**loquacities<http://twitter.com/loquacities>),
> and at http://lanabrindley.com.
>
> I'm really looking forward to getting to know you all!
>
> Cheers,
> Lana
>
> --
> Lana Brindley