[Openstack-docs] Introduction - Lana Brindley

Lana Brindley openstack at lanabrindley.com
Mon Oct 28 04:31:58 UTC 2013

On 28/10/13 14:07, Tom Fifield wrote:
> Welcome Lana!
>
> It's really great to have another Aussie in the mix ;) and such a
> qualified writer too!
>
> Some "first-day" administrivia for you:
>
> * We normally meet on Tuesdays
> (http://wiki.openstack.org/Meetings/DocTeamMeeting). Feel free to add
> anything on the agenda
>
> * #openstack-doc is our little hangout on the freenode IRC network
> (https://wiki.openstack.org/IRC). In Australian timezones it's pretty
> cool first thing in the morning, before our American and Canadian
> friends go to bed, and then in the late afternoon our German colleagues
> come online. Feel free to ask anyone questions there if you want a quick
> live discussion
>
> * Documentation for OpenStack follows a the normal "code review"
> process, which is great for improving the quality of terrible
> non-professional writers such as myself :)
> There's a long wiki page here:
> https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Documentation/HowTo#Edit_OpenStack_documentation

Thanks for the info Tom, and for the chat on IRC. I'll be sure to ping
you as I come across questions :)

> So, how can we help you on your OpenStack journey? :D

For the moment, I think my biggest question is where can I be of the
most help initially. Is the best thing to do just take a look at the bug
queue and start hitting that, or is there something else that you feel I
should be concentrating on?

Thanks,
Lana

--