[Openstack-docs] Havana Install Guide Status: Monday AU

Tom Fifield tom at openstack.org
Mon Oct 14 11:09:31 UTC 2013

Ok, I think 14 hours of straight install doc is probably enough for one
day. You'll finish it all while I'm asleep, right?

I'm stuck in a conference tomorrow - amount of work completed depends on
Internet connectivity.

As normal - do anything you like to any patches under my name if I'm not
on IRC. Gotta keep mooovin'.

4 days to go!

*Report from Monday afternoon EU time*
Ubuntu Testers: fifieldt
Fedora Testers: *chandan? shaunm*
RHEL Testers: *chandan?, slong*
openSUSE Testers: Ajaeger
Debian Testers: nickchase
CentOS Testers:

_Overview and architecture_
* Needs an edit, after everything is done
* Sample Architectures is in, but needs diagrams and checking for
accuracy against the rest of the documen
** *Diane Fleming*, Created bug 1238940 for the Overview and
Architecture section, under review: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/51298/

_Basic Operating System Configuration _
* Tested 100% OK for Ubuntu, openSUSE, RHEL
*** **Summer*Updated RHEL bits https://review.openstack.org/#/c/50520/
* Needs testing for Fedora, Debian
* Any diagrams helpful

_Configuring the Identity Service _
* Tested 100% OK for Ubuntu
* Tested 100 % OK for openSUSE but found a bug in openSUSE setup (reported)
* Needs testing for RHEL, Fedora, Debian
* Concepts section needs an edit

_Configuring the Image Service _
* Tested 100% OK for Ubuntu,  RHEL
** fifieldt tested for Ubuntu
*** Summer*Updated/edited. Believe good for all, but only tested on
RHEL: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/50801/
**AJaegerStarted testing for openSUSE
* Needs testing for Fedora, Debian
* Concepts chapter coming here: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/50681/

_Configuring the Compute Services _
* Currently broken for Ubuntu
* Needs testing for Ubuntu, RHEL, Fedora, openSUSE, Debian
* Completely lacks a section on networking -started here:
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/51512/
* Needs an introduction section: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/51097/
* Needs a section on KVM configuration. The Grizzly docs have a
perfectly good section, but it's disappeared from git. I'll find it. It
does need to be slightly updated to account for systemd-based systems.
*Nermina **https://review.openstack.org/#/c/51244/*
* Needs some very basic network stuff to allow you to access booted
images. The Grizzly docs are pretty good, so I'll mostly just copy that
over. *Shaun (or Summer?)**Summer *https://review.openstack.org/#/c/51080/

_Adding a Dashboard _
* Tested 100% OK for Ubuntu
* Needs testing forRHEL, Fedora, openSUSE, Debian
* Needs an edit, such as https://review.openstack.org/#/c/51162/

_Adding Block Storage __(_*_nermina_*_)_
* A first patch added, but incomplete. Needs serious work.

_Adding Object Storage __(_*AnneGentle write, koolhead17 test patch)*
* Needs testing for RHEL, Fedora, openSUSE, Debian

_Using Neutron Networking__(_*_Solly Ross?_*_)_
* Does not exist, needs writing

_Using Heat _
* Install instructions: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/51548/
* Probably has a reasonable chance of actually working
* Needs testing for Ubuntu, RHEL, Fedora, openSUSE, Debian
* Needs samples for the 'verifying install' section.

_Using Ce__i__lometer _
* Installation instructions: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/51556
* Needs expansion for agents, and serious testing
* Needs testing for Ubuntu, RHEL, Fedora, openSUSE, Debian
* Needs samples/links for 'verifying install'

_Overall Guide _
* Need to work out what to do about the use of sudo.
* Patching for consistent use of message queue parameters:
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/51411/
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/51408/
* cleanups, removing unused files: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/51386/