[Openstack-docs] Problem: Training Guide refers to "basic-install" files

Anne Gentle annegentle at justwriteclick.com
Sun Oct 13 01:29:39 UTC 2013

I don't recall Sean or Colin saying which release they are targeting. So
their training materials might trail a release. They can also backport
since the openstack-manuals repo does create a stable/relname branch.

I always ask for more communication about details, and they've been good
about it so far. So let's see what release they're targeting then figure
out the next best action. Sean, Colin, what are you targeting? Do you have
a plan for revisions with the new install guide?

Anne

On Sat, Oct 12, 2013 at 6:50 PM, Tom Fifield <tom at openstack.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We have a problem: the Training Guide refers to a bunch of files from
> the old "basic install".
>
> Just in case you weren't aware, the basic install has already gone away,
> replaced by our new choose-your-own adventure install guide. The "basic
> install" won't be updated for Havana, and I've actually started patching
> to remove the files @ https://review.openstack.org/#/c/51386/
>
> I'm not quite sure how to proceed here. We've been working all year to
> streamline into a single install doc, but the training-guide seems to be
> very heavily reliant on the structure of the old guide. You can't even
> just replace the includes with the nearest-relevant section, because the
> new install guide uses conditional formatting for the different
> operating systems supported.
>
> At the very least, we need to make sure the old text doesn't end up in
> the translation system.
>

> Regards,
>

> Tom

Anne Gentle