[Openstack-docs] Generating PDF files for docs reviews

Anne Gentle annegentle at justwriteclick.com
Tue Oct 1 13:30:02 UTC 2013

This past year, our intern Laura Alves worked on a patch in
openstack-infra/config to create docs-draft copies of HTML and PDF output.
She ran out of time to get it all the way completed. Her patch is here:
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/22768/

You could certainly use that as a starting point.

On Tue, Oct 1, 2013 at 7:28 AM, Akihiro Motoki <amotoki at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I noticed I often checkout the patch and generate PDF to check their
> contents
> when I review documents (admin guide or API docs).
> XML is not user-friendly format to read :-(
>
> How about generating PDF (or HTML) document from the patch in Jenkins job
> and create a link in gate results? I believe it really helps reviewers
> to check content changes.
>
> It takes some more disk volumes but I think it is much smaller than
> volumes of devstack tempest logs so it doesn't matter.
>
> Thanks,
> --
> Akihiro MOTOKI <amotoki at gmail.com>

Anne Gentle