[Openstack-docs] On auth_* configuration options

Shaun McCance shaunm at gnome.org
Wed Nov 27 20:32:38 UTC 2013

https://bugs.launchpad.net/openstack-manuals/+bug/1250583

Bug 1250583 asks why the Neutron api-paste.ini file doesn't include
auth_port and auth_protocol. I looked through the entire install guide
to see where we include which auth_* options. There's a pretty wide
variety. I've attached a poor man's spreadsheet text file with the
breakdown.

I didn't record where we set auth_strategy. I believe this doesn't have
to be set for ini files, since paste.filter_factory specifies that, but
perhaps it does for conf files. I also didn't record the variations on
the neutron_admin_auth_* options.

Do we need to set auth_protocol? Does it not default to http? Do we need
to set both auth_controller/auth_port/auth_protocol and auth_uri? Isn't
auth_uri just a combination of the others? Should auth_uri always have
an API version appended?

I'm confused. Steer me in the right direction please.

--
Shaun