[Openstack-docs] install guide

Andreas Jaeger aj at suse.com
Fri Nov 8 10:02:01 UTC 2013

On 11/07/2013 11:54 PM, Anne Gentle wrote:
> Hi all,
> I just want to make an observation - we've never had a working install
> guide at the Summit. But the fact we have one has been super helpful for
> getting it tested. There are literally 10s of comments overnight each
> day of the Summit.
>
> We need to be sure we are keeping up with the changes to the install
> guide by fixing what people tell us is wrong. Let's make install guide
> bug fixes top priority for the next week to capitalize on all the
> testing that has come in.
>
> Also, please update https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/HavanaDocTesting.
> For example, there are doc comments confirming a page works on 13.04. We
> need to ensure that's captured in the wiki page so we have an accurate
> assessment.
>
> Thanks all for the work on the install guide -- it is paying off, let's
> take the time to clean up what's being tested.

I see several tasks in this area:

* Look at the bugs and triage them.

* Review patches. Right now we have more people writing documentation
  than reviewing. Everybody is welcome to review and comment on a patch

* Update the documentation. If you do, please use "Install Guide: ..."
  as part of the commit message so that we can prioritize the changes.
  Also, right now we want to keep master and havana branch in sync, do
  add "backport: havana" lines.
  Remember the workflow is to first patch in master and then backport.

At the moment I'll propose backports once I see a patch (from anybody)
merged to master , so don't be surprised about them. If you do a
backport of your own, this is appreciated.

Regarding bug reports: Should we add a tag "install-guide" to bugs?