[Openstack-docs] What's Up Doc? Special Summit Edition Nov 5 2013

Anne Gentle annegentle at justwriteclick.com
Tue Nov 5 23:26:57 UTC 2013

On Tue, Nov 5, 2013 at 12:37 PM, Nicholas Chase <nchase at mirantis.com> wrote:

> Yeah, I think Nermina's right here; both admins and installers need the
> config reference, I would think -- correct me if I'm wrong -- so at the
> very least the parameters need to be extracted into one place to be shared
> by both roles.
>
> Which actually begs the question, do we want to remove all the "how to
> configure" information and put it in the admin guide, since we'll then also
> have to repeat it in the install guide?

The install guide should only have a handful of adventures, not all the
networking and storage use cases. Think happy path for install guide. :)

Tom's really interested in getting plain reference info - somewhat due to
the word count the books are getting to, but also due to the original
vision, which was reference info only in one place. He thinks admins
configure and tune all the time.

Good discussion, thanks a bunch for poking at the ideas!

Anne

Anne Gentle
annegentle at justwriteclick.com