[Openstack-docs] Cleaning up the Image Service sections in the install guide

Gauvain Pocentek gauvain.pocentek at objectif-libre.com
Sat Jun 29 12:31:05 UTC 2013

Hello all,

This is my first mail here, so a little introduction might be in order.
I currently work at Objectif Libre, a small company providing services
around IT infrastructure, using Open Source software (Linux and all the
usual software stack, ldap, samba, puppet, kvm/libvirt, ..., and
openstack of course). I spend roughly half my work time training people
about these subjects, and writing documentation for the training
sessions.
I've only recently started to contribute a few little things to the OS
doc, and I have to say it's been a real pleasure to see the community in
action :)

Now to the point.

I've found a few confusing things in the OS installation guide
regarding the Image Service steps. 2 pages describe how to upload an
image to the service, with different information and examples:
  * "Verifying the Image Service Installation"
(openstack-install/images-verifying-install.xml) [0]
  * "Registering Virtual Machine Images"
(openstack-install/ch_images-uploading.xml) [1]

Does it sound reasonable to merge those 2 pages, keeping only the 1st
one and adding details from the 2nd one to it?

Thanks for your feedback,

Gauvain Pocentek

[0]:
http://docs.openstack.org/trunk/openstack-compute/install/apt/content/images-verifying-install.html