[Openstack-docs] [openstack/nova] DocImpact review request change I3e88c75d37ea5c00285c47d05efa3c551d2006ef

gerrit2 at review.openstack.org gerrit2 at review.openstack.org
Tue Jun 25 01:39:03 UTC 2013

Hi, I'd like you to take a look at this patch for potential
DocImpact.
https://review.openstack.org/34291

Log:
commit e2050a5ca9802a5fff96e0d4f9829e5b2448a5fc
Author: Phil Day <philip.day at hp.com>
Date:   Tue Jun 25 02:11:32 2013 +0100

    API extension to list supported scheduler hints

    The Nova API for instance creation supports a scheduler_hints mechanism
    whereby the user can pass additional placement related information
    into the Nova scheduler.

    The implementation of scheduler_hints lies (mostly) in the various
    scheduler filters, and the set of hints which are supported on any system
    therefore depends on the filters that have been configured (this could
    include non-standard filters). It is not currently possible for a user
    of the system to determine which hints are available. Hints that are not
    supported will be silently ignored by the scheduler

    This API extension makes the list of supported hints available to users
    by querying each of the configured scheduler filters

    DocImpact

    Implements blueprint scheduler-hints-api

    WIP - Some unit tests still needed but posted to see if there are any
    comments on the overall approach

    Change-Id: I3e88c75d37ea5c00285c47d05efa3c551d2006ef

Automatically generated bug (please review):
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1194327