[Openstack-docs] [openstack/nova] DocImpact review request change Iced7bc8e278cb9f208183f1dbb7a293675a47eae

gerrit2 at review.openstack.org gerrit2 at review.openstack.org
Sat Jun 1 00:00:10 UTC 2013

Hi, I'd like you to take a look at this patch for potential
DocImpact.
https://review.openstack.org/31314

Log:
commit d878244b629e62374f200525f0378d3d008dede8
Author: Chris Behrens <cbehrens at codestud.com>
Date:   Fri May 31 23:13:23 2013 +0000

    Remove broken config_drive image_href support.

    image_href support has not been working since at least shortly before
    Folsom release.  This is a good indication that this functionality is not
    used.  As far as I can tell, the docs also do not match what was
    supported.  An image ID was required, but docs show examples with full
    hrefs.

    DocImpact

    http://docs.openstack.org/developer/nova/api_ext/ext_config_drive.html

    References to supporting image_hrefs should be removed.

    Docs also state that 'true' or 'True' (depending on if you use
    XML or JSON) or empty strings are returned for detail/show.  The
    nova code seems to actually return '1' or an empty string.

    This has been corrected in this patch to return 'True' (always
    capitalized) or '' if it is enabled/disabled respectively.

    This patch also removes the hack that passed a config_drive_id via
    the Instance dictionary when config_drive_id is not a valid Column for
    Instance.

    Fixes bug 1186401

    Change-Id: Iced7bc8e278cb9f208183f1dbb7a293675a47eae