[Openstack-docs] Quantum sphinx documentation

Roberto Sassu roberto.sassu at polito.it
Tue Jul 30 16:46:35 UTC 2013

On 07/30/2013 05:50 PM, Lorin Hochstein wrote:
> Roberto:
>
> I'm honestly not sure how that particular file was generated. I think
> that may even be leftover HTML that was never cleaned up from an older
> build.
>
> In general, to build the developer docs, you would install sphinx (e.g.,
> "pip install Sphinx")  and then from the root of the repository, do:
>
> cd doc
> make
>
> If you want to build latex sources, do:
>
> cd doc
> make latex

Hi Lorin

thanks for the answer. Unfortunately, it seems that the doc/source
directory does not contain the necessary content to generate the
code documentation (the html files generated are almost empty).
The command I executed to generate the documentation is:

tox -evenv -- python setup.py build_sphinx

I partially solved this issue by creating a new file in
doc/source/devref, with the following text:

----
Source: quantum/agent/rpc.py

.. automodule:: quantum.agent.rpc
   :members:
   :undoc-members:
   :show-inheritance:
----

and including it in doc/source/index.rst. With these operations,
I generated the documentation of quantum/agent/rpc.py only.

Regards

Roberto Sassu