[Openstack-docs] [openstack/nova] DocImpact review request change I33acf9dfdff0a5ed9797723a142bc451348e8549

gerrit2 at review.openstack.org gerrit2 at review.openstack.org
Fri Jul 26 16:06:49 UTC 2013

Hi, I'd like you to take a look at this patch for potential
DocImpact.
https://review.openstack.org/38650

Log:
commit 2459d0fb2af37d5d54c9608e4cbcb52bc12bf0ef
Author: Josh Kearney <josh at jk0.org>
Date:   Thu Jul 18 13:57:54 2013 -0500

    xenapi: Added iPXE ISO boot support

    This gives customers (of service-providers running XenAPI) a means to roll
    their own image.

    The service-provider supplies an ISO with iPXE support rolled into it and then
    the customer can choose that image, boot to an OS of their choosing, then the
    customize the image in anyway they want.

    Two virt-layer modifications were needed. The first was adding configurations
    for the iPXE ISO feature (network to use, boot menu, mkisofs_cmd). The second
    was the ability to inject networking info into the ISO after it was
    downloaded.

    This was accomplished via a new post-image-download hook (fixup_disks) and a
    new dom0 plugin that knows how to mount an ISO, copy it, inject networking,
    rebundle it, and place the modified version back into the SR.

    DocImpact

    Change-Id: I33acf9dfdff0a5ed9797723a142bc451348e8549

Automatically generated bug (please review):
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1205402