[Openstack-docs] Intro and example installations

Anne Gentle annegentle at justwriteclick.com
Fri Jul 19 20:29:34 UTC 2013

Another area that a decision has to be made in the opinionated installs is
around nova-conductor, which receives requests over RPC. It was introduced
in Grizzly to proxy database calls and API calls. It decouples nova-compute
and the database, to enable rolling upgrades. However the Security Guide
calls it out as too insecure to run because it cannot verify who messages
come from. So in the opinionated install you'd have to discuss when to use
nova-conductor.

I'll keep bringing up decision points until you tell me to stop! :)

Anne

annegentle at justwriteclick.com