[Openstack-docs] "moving parts" in Operations Guide

Nicholas Chase nchase at mirantis.com
Thu Jul 18 16:07:07 UTC 2013

On 7/18/2013 10:31 AM, Akihiro MOTOKI wrote:

> Could anyone describe what the word means?
> I believe examples of "moving parts" help us understand it.

"Moving parts" comes from the notion of machinery, such as an engine.
The parts that move are the ones that are most likely to fail (or be
involved in a failure) so they need the most attention.

In this context, it means that OpenStack has a lot of pieces that are
vulnerable and need to be looked after.

----  Nick