[Openstack-docs] [openstack/nova] DocImpact review request change I77adc96b340680218f82bbef8f9ec14711d26a7f

gerrit2 at review.openstack.org gerrit2 at review.openstack.org
Wed Jul 17 17:18:26 UTC 2013

Hi, I'd like you to take a look at this patch for potential
DocImpact.
https://review.openstack.org/35214

Log:
commit 1c80f8e31249964e6b4d80951a4a36b4eed8d748
Author: Chet Burgess <cfb at metacloud.com>
Date:   Fri Jun 28 21:21:36 2013 +0000

    WIP: Support setting block size for block devices

    cinder now supports backend with different block sizes. Sometimes
    we need to set a specific block size or operations against the
    backend will result in I/O errors. Additionally its a good idea
    to tune the block sizes to the correct size as it can improve I/O
    performance.

    The basic disk configuration for libvrit now supports setting the
    logical and physical block size of devices. The volume driver
    retrieves the block size from the connection properties and stores
    it in the connection_info of the block_device_mapping table for
    later use.

    By default it does not set the block sizes which defaults to
    512 bytes.

    DocImpact:
    This feature requires libvirt 0.10.2+ and the QEMU or KVM
    hypervisor. If a volume has a custom block size, cinder considers
    it required. As such the hypervisor and libvirt version are
    checked during the attach_volume call. If the hypervisor is not
    supported or the libvirt version is too old the attach is
    aborted and an exception is raised.

    Change-Id: I77adc96b340680218f82bbef8f9ec14711d26a7f
    Fixes Bug #1195913

Automatically generated bug (please review):
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1202317