[Openstack-docs] Good practice for stable release doc updates?

Gauvain Pocentek gauvain.pocentek at objectif-libre.com
Mon Jul 15 20:11:40 UTC 2013

Hello all,

I was wondering if there's some kind of policy or good practice defined
for updating the stable release docs? I've only worked on the trunk
until now, and Lorin did some backports (thanks!). Any link would be
much appreciated.

I'm asking this because I've seen a few little things that would be
nice to fix in the grizzly install docs. These docs (basic and
"standard") seem to be a very good starting point for new OS admins --
helped me a lot --, but I feel that a little polishing could improve the
first technical contacts of newcomers with OS.

I know that there's a lot of great work going on to improve this
documentation for havana, but the grizzly docs are what people will be
using for at least 3 more months. I'm not thinking about a full rewrite
of course, but some kind of QA/maintenance (taking user comments into
account, updates following the distro packaging changes...).

Does this sound right to you, and if yes, where should I start to help
wih this :) ?

Thanks,
Gauvain